Whidbey Plein Air Paint Out!
Artist Registration: $70
Paint Out: Monday, August 15th – Thursday, August 18th, 2022, all-day painting hours, locations all around Whidbey Island
Artwork Submission: Friday, August 19th, 10am – 12noon @ PNWAS (Pacific NorthWest Art School)
Gala: Friday, August 19th, 6pm – 9pm @ PNWAS
Weekend Art Sale: Saturday, August 20th – Sunday, August 21st, 10am – 5pm @ PNWAS
Plein Air Artists! We want YOU this summer for our third annual Plein Air Open event, August 15-18, 2022 on stunning Whidbey Island. For four days, come paint the beaches, forests, townscapes, and vistas that Whidbey affords, with an emphasis on Coupeville. We will then celebrate you and the art you have created by holding a Gala and Art Sale, including awards, on August 19th, 2022. Artist Registration is $70. The event is open to all, novice to professional. The Paint Out and Gala are being co-sponsored by the Coupeville Chamber of Commerce and the Pacific NorthWest Art School (PNWAS), and are fundraisers for both organizations.
Art Lovers! This event is free to the general viewing public and we would love to have you come out to view the Plein Air artists in action during the week. On Friday, August 19th, please come to the Pacific NorthWest Art School from 6pm – 9pm for the Gala and Art Sale. Purchase $25 Gala patron tickets here. The Gala is free to artists registered for the Paint Out.
* Please wear your masks while indoors at the Art School or any other location and follow all Health and Safety Protocols set out by Washington State and Federal Guidelines from the CDC
* The PNWAS will be open each of the four days for artist check-in from 7 a.m. – 3 p.m. for having panels authenticated, waivers signed, maps, and other information shared. The school will be the official “rest stop” for water, restrooms and a rest area. We are located at 15 NW Birch St, Coupeville, WA 98239. Our phone number is (360/866) 678-3396 and email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Artist commission is 65%
* There will be a Welcome Artists Barbecue the first night, August 15th, to bring you all together to celebrate you and your art. It will be hosted at the lovely home and garden of Mike Wise, nationally known member of OPA
* Artists can bring and paint as many panels as they wish. Please have all panels authenticated before going out to paint each day. Each artist may submit up to six (6) panels for the Art Sale and Juried Art Show (FYI: if we have a high number of artists submitting work, the number of panels accepted for submission may change due to physical space constraints)
* Artists will be asked to paint in specific areas each day for a couple of hours to draw attention to artists and their work i.e. downtown Coupeville, the nearby Ebey’s Landing National Historic Reserve, etc.
* Artists are free to sell work to the public if approached during any of the paint out days to further boost their sales revenue. We would, of course, have this on the honor system and do ask that sales be run through the Art School; this approach will boost sales for the artist, the Art School, and Chamber of Commerce
* Artists are welcome to paint the entire four days or just one or two as fits their schedules, and then submit their best art on Friday morning, if they so choose, to be exhibited and sold; at the Gala, there will be awards presented for Best of Show, First, Second, and Third Place; artists will then have the option to leave their work up for the weekend to maximize sales
* Lodging information will be provided upon request