Landscapes on the Loose
Christine Camilleri, Instructor
Dates June 19-20 (9am-4pm)
Materials Fee: $0
skill level: Advanced beginner to Advanced
In this workshop students will learn:
- Ways to create bold, loose and impetuous paintings and not pains – taking ones!
- How to use the important “artistic license” to suggest trees, rocks, beaches, branches, grasses, fields, flowers, skies and water
- About aerial perspective to keep things loose and easy
- To identify what attracts them to that landscape and then how to translate that focus into a painting
- How to remove clutter — and add space
- To recognize barriers to seeing creatively and free up visual exploration
Students will have time to work on their own with plenty of support as they gain insight into a new way of looking at loosening up landscape paintings.