Pastels with Ivy
Ivy Breen, Instructor
June 15th, 17th & 19th, 2021, 9–3pm each day
Introduction to Pastels
There is something appealing about experiencing the immediate satisfaction of color in its purest form. That is the glory of soft pastel and this class will walk you through the techniques unique to this painting medium. In this class, you will build upon each previous day to learn the differences in pastels and papers in a hands-on format. You will have the opportunity to complete five landscape paintings as well as learn how to frame a pastel and even how to make your own handmade pastel and pastel paper.
Your materials fee purchases a 32-color short pastel set for you to take home with you! You will also have the use of my personal pastels to select the colors you need to complete your landscapes in class as you gain hands-on experience to embrace this exciting art form. All materials are supplied.
- Differences in pastel and pastel papers
- How to use pastels safely
- Pastels on toned and sanded papers
- Pastel use in mixed media
- Learn how to make handmade pastel sticks
- How to make your own pastel paper
- Wet and dry under-paintings
- Framing pastels