Become a Member! For 2019 Membership is only $50

As a member of the Pacific Northwest Art School, you will belong to a vibrant arts community and will also support the Pacific Northwest Art School, as nearly 30% of our funding comes from memberships and donations.

Additionally, you will enjoy these member benefits:

  • One Tuition discount of $25 annually
  • Members’ Gallery eligibility (show and sell your work in five shows a year)
  • North American Reciprocal Museum (NARM) Association with membership.(use this visit participating museums at not cost to you)
  • Knowing you are part of the Pacific Northwest Art School and are helping us continue to offer great workshops!

Make a Donation

The Pacific NorthWest Art School is entering its 32st year of offering exceptional visual arts education to our community and beyond. We want to thank all those who have supported (and continued to support us) us through the years. Only 70% of tuitions cover our operating costs. We depend on fundraising, individual donations and memberships to help cover the remaining 30%. The Pacific NorthWest Art School is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization. Your donation is tax deductible to the full extent of the law.

Click Here to become a member or make a donation!

What Our Students Have to Say

From Teresa Bystrom, a long time student and fan…
I began my fiber education a long time ago, but it was side-lined by life happening.  After a 20-year break, I ran across your workshop brochure for fiber workshops about eight years ago and my life literally changed!  I am now able to dedicate much of my free time to my art.  All thanks to your school.

From a brand new student who “found” us this summer…
Your website is stunning and beautiful.  Your customer service is great.  When I pulled up and saw your building, I did a double take as I expected a huge edifice.  What you are able to do with your small facility is wonderful, and I have been very impressed…”

From Wendy Simson
I just wanted to say that I had a great experience for my first visit to Whidbey Island   The painting class was fun – I doubt that I will ever be a watercolourist but I learned a lot which will be applicable to other mediums   Gary (Schallock) is an excellent teacher – probably the best I have ever had in terms of presentation and clarity of instruction as well as being a skilled artist.
My hosts  Christine Laing and John Olsen were also great – very hospitable and friendly and there home was lovely.  I can highly recommend them for other students.  Hope to return in the fall.

From Fran Tanner
Am so excited to finally be enrolled in one of your classes…a 1st time for me.  Have been looking at your offerings for years.  Always so many good classes and artists whose names I know, whose work I love.  Thank you.

From Susan & Neil Silverman:
Hi Karen,  Our workshop went really well, and we want to thank you for your behind the scenes work that you did. We realize that you and Lisa work so well together and your efforts are our reward. Teaching at PNW is always a delight and we know that you two work hard and diligently to make it such a wonderful platform for all instructors. Our only regret this year was that we did not get much of a chance to interact with you personally, but we really appreciate both your and Lisa’s dedication and hard work towards our success. Have a great summer,  Silvermans

From Nancy Kurten, Saint Louis, Missouri:
Regarding the PNWAS: I am extremely impressed by your school and its program, especially the quality of the teachers you have been able to assemble over the years. So thanks to you, to Karen, to the school and to all those Coupevillians that took such good care of us during our stay. We are grateful for your energies and doing what you do so well!

Click to View Available Workshops >>>

[/twocol_one_last]