The Pam & Mary Beth Art Journal Road Show
Mary Beth Shaw & Pam Carriker, Instructors
Dates October 13-15, 2018 (9am-4pm)
Materials Fee: $20
In this three day workshop, Pam Carriker and Mary Beth Shaw spill the tricks of the
Art Journal by offering processes that range from beginner to advanced. This class is a ‘journey’ that is every changing and evolving with new techniques so it is always new and fresh. Starting with backgrounds to making collage parts to color management and composition and even interactive pages, the sky is the limit! Mary Beth and Pam volley back and forth comparing and contrasting a variety of techniques and media including all their latest ideas.
You will delight in how Mary Beth & Pam bounce ideas off each other and exploit all the potential of their chosen supplies. Join them for the quintessential Art Journal experience!
You will receive in-depth instruction from both Pam & Mary Beth regarding:
• Various background techniques for creating uber-layered journal pages
• How to paint your own materials and make supplies “your own”
• Color Management using several types of paint – Pam Carriker paint and inks and Golden Fluid Acrylic paints (psssst, this has been described as “life changing” by many students). You will never make mud again.
• Artistic page spreads with new tools and supplies, using the elements of design as your guide
• How to insure that your pages aren’t “sticky”
• Positive and negative space to help your pages pop; stencils & masks will be used
• Making your own stash of collage items; learn multiple print making techniques including Collagraph plates.
• Mark making with Liquid Pencil, nibs and large brushes.
• Composition and more composition, using stencils and the Golden Mean-Integration of collage into backgrounds with glazing and resist techniques
• Building portraits off of Stencils