Marble Surface Design on Felt / Nunofelt Seamless Garment
Flora Carlile-Kovacs, Instructor
September 27-29, 2017 (9am-4pm)
Material Fee: $80
Learn the instructor’s latest technique inspired by amazing surfaces of marbles in nature. Class starts with discussion on the power of the natural patterns and how it can be incorporated in our wearable art pieces. Learn the layering technique to mimic nature’s perfect designs.
After understanding the concept by making a sample, a seamless vest or tunic will be finished by the end of the class.
Wet felting experience is preferred.
What to bring to the class:
– notebook, pen/pencil for notes
– 2 hand towels
– sprinkler if you have one, to wet the felt
– 1 olive oil soap bar in a container (Kiss My Face or any other brand)
– .7 ml drop cloth (1 roll)
– 2 ml drop cloth for pattern (1 roll)
– non-skid rug mat with small holes 3’x5’ (Home Depot)
– scissors for plastic (for cutting drop cloths)
– sharp and pointy scissors
– 1 pool noodle (full length)
– (waterproof) apron if needed
– comfortable shoes
Material fee: $80 (covers the hand dyed silk fabrics and fibers and fine merino wool for the project)