Flora Carlile-Kovacs, Instructor
April 4, 2017 (9am-4pm)
Material Fee: $12
Through the shapes of flowers we`ll discover several sculptural felting techniques in this class. Both with and without using resists, flowers are gonna be born in your hands! We’ll explore how the fiber’s staple direction influences the shrinkage and how can we take advantages of this quality. I’ll show you how to blend smoothly colors in tiny objects. There will be big emphasis on finishing, shaping and adding the final touch to each piece.
This felting workshop is no burden on the body, we can work easily, seated all day long. A handful of flowers will be finished during the day, but these techniques can be applied on many other felted projects, including jewelry, wearable art, home décor etc.
For all skill levels
What to bring to the class:
– notebook, pen/pencil for notes
– your sketches about different types of flowers
– non-skid rug liner or open-weave foam shelf liner 1’x2’ (Home Depot, Walmart etc.)
– 1 hand towel
– sprinkler if you have one, to wet the felt
– 1 olive oil soap bar in a container (Kiss My Face or any other brand)
– (waterproof) apron if needed
Material fee: $12 (covers all fine hand-dyed merino wool used during the day)