PACIFIC NORTHWEST ART SCHOOL GALLERY STANDARDS FOR DISPLAYING ART
For our next show “Spring Rebirth” the submission deadline is April 19th.
Please fill out both documents below and bring them in with your work.
(You must be a PNWAS member to submit work to the member gallery. Click HERE for more information)
- Content of Work:
- Work must be completed by the exhibiting artist.
- Work must have a minimum of 51% artist’s content (no copying)
- Signature and artist’s identifying marks are required on all pieces
- Each piece should be one you are proud to sign
- All reproductions must be clearly marked
- Series must be numbered and limited
- Open edition prints should be so marked
- The process of reproduction must be noted in the description
- Presentation of Work:
- The presentation of work should clearly identify the media in all particulars, either individually or by statement accompanying the pieces
- 3-D ART:
- Remove sharp edges from 3-D work
- Clean bottoms
- Sign and date pieces
- WALL ART:
- Wall pieces with metal prefab frames must be backed with foam core or similar material
- Wall pieces with wooden frames must be backed with paper dust covers.
- Oil paintings are the exception
- Visible tape is unacceptable
- Wall pieces must have hanging wire neatly attached by ring hangers and screws (for wood frames) following gallery standards of 1/3 height of frame and 1”-2” clearance of wire from top edge of frame
- Glass must fit the frame, no gaps, and is clean and scratch free
- Mats must fit the frame and be neatly cut with no gaps
- There must be no dirt or smudges inside the frame or under the glass
- Scratched, dented or gauged frames may not be displayed unless a distressed format is part of the art presentation (this will be obvious to the viewer)
- UNFRAMED ART AND PRINTS:
- Protection: Any such art must be wrapped and sealed in plastic sleeves
- Archival quality prints are preferred, any other reproduction must state the kind of reproduction on the label on the back of the print.
- All mixed media, cards and other work, which depends on glued attachments, must be neatly and completely glued.
(There is a limit of three pieces per member.)
PNWAS Standards 12/16