PACIFIC NORTHWEST ART SCHOOL GALLERY STANDARDS FOR DISPLAYING ART
For our next show “Whidbey Inspirations” the submission window is June 2-23, 2017
Please fill out both documents below and bring them in with your work.
(You must be a PNWAS member to submit work to the member gallery. Click HERE for more information)
- Content of Work:
- Work must be completed by the exhibiting artist.
- Work must have a minimum of 51% artist’s content (no copying)
- Signature and artist’s identifying marks are required on all pieces
- Each piece should be one you are proud to sign
- All reproductions must be clearly marked
- Series must be numbered and limited
- Open edition prints should be so marked
- The process of reproduction must be noted in the description
- Presentation of Work:
- The presentation of work should clearly identify the media in all particulars, either individually or by statement accompanying the pieces
- 3-D ART:
- Remove sharp edges from 3-D work
- Clean bottoms
- Sign and date pieces
- WALL ART:
- Wall pieces with metal prefab frames must be backed with foam core or similar material
- Wall pieces with wooden frames must be backed with paper dust covers.
- Oil paintings are the exception
- Visible tape is unacceptable
- Wall pieces must have hanging wire neatly attached by ring hangers and screws (for wood frames) following gallery standards of 1/3 height of frame and 1”-2” clearance of wire from top edge of frame
- Glass must fit the frame, no gaps, and is clean and scratch free
- Mats must fit the frame and be neatly cut with no gaps
- There must be no dirt or smudges inside the frame or under the glass
- Scratched, dented or gauged frames may not be displayed unless a distressed format is part of the art presentation (this will be obvious to the viewer)
- UNFRAMED ART AND PRINTS:
- Protection: Any such art must be wrapped and sealed in plastic sleeves
- Archival quality prints are preferred, any other reproduction must state the kind of reproduction on the label on the back of the print.
- All mixed media, cards and other work, which depends on glued attachments, must be neatly and completely glued.
- NO SUBSTITUTIONS FOR THE DURATION OF THE SHOW
(There is a limit of three pieces per member.)
PNWAS Standards 4/12/17